Le Cochinchine is a modern and tastefully designed river barge. Built in traditional style Le Cochinchine measures around 30 meters long from bow to stern and has two 420 HP engines , one in back up, making Le Cochinchine a very powerful and safe river vessel. Le Cochinchine offers an elegant, relaxing and fulfilling ways to explore endless water way of Mekong River. The cruise brings us into contact with people in different corner of the Delta . With Le Cochinchine, you will have ample opportunity to see Vietnam in its authenticity and sample local culture and food, in a one unpacking, unforgettable vacation where your "floating hotel" get you insight into Mekong Delta and quaint vi
Day 1: Cai Be - My Thuan - Sa Dec
- 11h00: we board Le Cochinchine boat and enjoy welcome drink. Le Cochinchine starts cruising to Cai Thia while lunch is served on boat.
- In the afternoon, we disembark for a lovely cycling excursion on the bank of the peninsula browsing several verdant villages, visiting of the gardens and orchards, local houses and meeting with people and getting insight into Delta life. We will then visit Cao Dai temple on the way to My thuan. Embarking the cruise, we continue towards Sa Dec, a nice and quiet town overlooking Mekong river. Here, we visit the lively Sa Dec food market and primary school headed by Magueritte Duras and take a walk along the village path and get yourself acquaintance with rural activities as farmers farm their fields: rice fields, and vegetable farms, fish farms. Back to the Le Cochinchine for a cruise down stream. Relax on boat while sipping an aperitif.
- Dinner and overnight on the Le Cochinchine Cruise
Day 2: Cai Thia - Vinh Long - Tra On
- Breakfast on the Le Cochinchine on the Mekong. We will then visit Binh Hoa Phuoc island and go for walk walk through the islets, sampling native fruits viewing local handicraft production and meet the local people. Transferring to a local boat for an extensive visit of Cai Be: the floating market, the mazes of waterway , local pop-rice and sweets production.
- Visit of old houses, delightful flower gardens and local coconut candy and rice paper manufacturers and cruise to Co chien while enjoying Lunch on board. Disembark for a deeper exploration to the local village, we take a walk on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchards and the local people's activities, visiting a cottage industry , a local farm and sample seasonal fruits.
- Boarding back, we have complimentary drink as a welcome back on board, you are free to rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Le Cochinchine is cruising Mang Thit river.
- Dinner and night on the Le Cochinchine Cruise.
Day 3: Tra On - Can Tho departure
- Breakfast on the Le Cochinchine Cruise. The morning bobbling commotion of Mekong river life comes to life for another lovely day. Our boat set sails to Can Tho through tributary and canals. Transfer to Cai Rang where we visit one of the most bustling floating markets on Mekong river. We go for a walk along the canals and the palm-shaded creek to see local houses and green orchards, ship building yards, rural and water activities in full swing.
- Boarding back at noon, with a welcome-back drink.
- 11 h00 Disembark in Can
|Net rate in US$/person in party of|
|2 - 4 pax||5 - 9 pax||10 pax up||Children (6 - 11)||Sgl Sup|
- Transfer from Ho cho minh and back
- Boat cruise
- Meals during the cruise (2 lunches, 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts)
- 2 nights on board.
- English /French speaking guide on board.
- All entrance fees, and aperitif.
- Biking, sampan boat ride
- Bar services.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Services not clearly mentioned above
- All prices are per person in US $ based on double occupancy.
- Surcharges and / or compulsory gala dinners are applicable between December 23rd and January 2nd and also during the Lunar New Year period.
- Prices subject to change without notice.
- Should you have any special dietary requirements (vegetarian vegan or food allergy) please advise us in advance.
- Meals provided are included in the itinerary.
- Breakfast will be served in your hotel and will include Vietnamese and Western dishes.
- Lunches are arranged at Vietnamese restaurants in scenic areas. Your tour guides are happy to assist with your selection.